TAO TE KAMBO LLC AND TAOTEKAMBO.COM
Last Updated: August 12, 2023
“Company”, “We”, “I”, “Our”, or “Us” means Tao Te Kambo LLC and TaoTeKambo.com.
“Content” means any and all written, visual, video, or audio information contained on the Site, including, but not limited to, any and all emails received from Scott Polhill, Tao Te Kambo LLC, or TaoTeKambo.com, and any and all written or downloadable material purchased, viewed, or otherwise offered on TaoTeKambo.com, such as emails, social media posts, blog posts, courses, coaching services, guides, eBooks, forms, worksheets, workbooks, website materials, guided meditations, guided breathwork, and other creative expressions.
“Personal Information” means information that can be used on its own or in conjunction with other information to identify, contact, or locate a person or to identify an individual in context. For example, personal information includes, among other things, your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, site behavior, etc.
“Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products” means Tao Te Kambo LLC and TaoTeKambo.com, emails, social media posts, blog posts, courses, coaching services, guides, eBooks, forms, worksheets, workbooks, website materials, guided meditations, guided breathwork, and other creative expressions available on the Site.
“Site” means TaoTeKambo.com and any and all of the Company’s associated pages, tabs, landing pages, forms, or sub-pages.
“You” or “Your” means the user, customer, or viewer of the Site.
2. Company Statement:
The Site and its Content are owned by Scott Polhill and Tao Te Kambo LLC.
3. Personal Information We Collect
When using the Site, and in filling out forms, purchasing products, providing comments, or contacting us, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, website address, mailing address, and payment or credit card information. We use this information to deliver the product purchased, or information requested, to improve the performance and applicability of the Site, and to provide you with educational content, newsletters, promotions, and special offers.
3 b. Personal Information Automatically Collected:
Through the use of the Site, the Company may use data collection technology, such as Google Analytics and Kajabi website tracking (hereinafter referred to as the “Data Collection Companies”), to collect information related to your use of the Site. Generally speaking, this includes information about your geographic location and Site behavior. The Data Collection Companies also provide us with information about what type of device or software you use, your IP address (with location information), and whether you view the Site on mobile, tablet, or desktop. We collect this information for statistical purposes only and to improve the viewer experience.
4. How To Update Your Personal Information
If the Personal Information we have collected about you is incorrect or incomplete in any way, or you would like to update what we have, please contact Scott Polhill at [email protected]. We will make the appropriate corrections when notified, as long as the corrections requested to be made are not incorrect or fraudulent in any way.
5. When do we collect Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information from you when you purchase, order, or sign up on and for the Site, Courses, Services, and Products, download our freebies or resources, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form, browse the Site, view Content, make purchases, enter any of your Personal Information on the Site, and/or comment or interact with social media posts. If you are just viewing the Site, you won't be required to provide personal information to browse.
If you're outside of the EU: if you sign-up to receive any freebies, downloads, webinars, recordings, courses, or services from the Company, or purchase any products or services from us, you will automatically be added to our email list to receive free email messages from us. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking "UNSUBSCRIBE" at the bottom of each email. If you have any questions, or difficulty unsubscribing from those emails, email Scott Polhill at [email protected] to be unsubscribed from future messages.
If you're IN the EU: if you sign-up to receive any freebies, downloads, webinars, recordings, courses, or services from the Company, or purchase any products or services from us, you will only be added to our email list to receive free email messages from us if you affirmatively consent to receiving such messages. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking "UNSUBSCRIBE" at the bottom of each email. If you have any questions, or difficulty unsubscribing from those emails, email Scott Polhill at [email protected] to be unsubscribed from future messages.
6. How We Use Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect to deliver the product purchased, or information requested, to improve the performance and applicability of the Site, and to provide you with educational content, newsletters, promotions, and special offers. We may also use your information to improve our website and to analyze user trends and behaviors.
7. Sharing of Personal Information
In general, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to outside (third) parties except for the following purposes:
- In order to comply with an investigation, law enforcement inquiry, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for legal and/or safety purposes.
- Trusted third-party service providers who assist us in operating our website or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- Social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc., that offer functionalities and services to use their services through our website (i.e., pinning an image to Pinterest, sharing a link to Facebook). If you use those functionalities on the Site, your information will be shared with those platforms to complete those functions and activities.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. If you make your personal information available to third parties through our Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products, Tao Te Kambo LLC is not responsible for any unauthorized use by that third party.
It's also important to note that we do allow third-party behavioral tracking. For more information on what this entails, please see section 3.
7 b. Links to Third-Party Sites
Occasionally, at our discretion, TaoTeKambo.com may contain links to third-party websites that are not under our control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about any issues you experience with linked-to sites by emailing us at [email protected].
8. Protection of Personal Information
We aim to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible. The Site uses commercially acceptable methods of security protection to protect your information. The Site performs regular security audits through our development platform, Kajabi, LLC. For more information on their practices, go here: https://kajabi.com/policies/vulnerability-disclosure-program.
We also use a SSL certificate and never transmit your credit card information by email.
Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the Personal Information confidential. By viewing, using, or purchasing on or from the Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products, you acknowledge that Tao Te Kambo LLC and its staff and independent contractors may access your Personal Information.
In addition, all sensitive credit card or payment information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
8 b. Payments
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Site. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g., payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/privacy
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
10. Google Ads & Analytics:
Google's Advertising Principles can sum up Google's advertising requirements. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for you. We are not currently using Google Ads on the Site, although this may change in the future.
We have implemented the following through Google Analytics: Demographics and Interests Reporting.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
To Opt-Out of Google Ads: You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on.
11. Affiliate Links:
Our Site may include affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission on any purchases made through those links. This does not affect the price you pay for the product and does not influence our opinions or reviews.
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
12. Password Privacy:
While using the Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products, you may create a username and/or password for login. It is your responsibility to keep the username and password safe. You are also responsible for any actions that occur through your username/password, whether completed by you directly or through the use of your account. You shall notify us immediately by email at [email protected] of any unauthorized use of your login information or any other security breach. Please log out at the end of each session to prevent any unauthorized use of your account or login information.
You may not share your username/password or login information with anyone. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damages as a result of your failure to protect your login information or your unauthorized sharing.
13. California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”):
Pursuant to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users cannot visit our site anonymously.
14. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”):
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you are not permitted to enter any Personal Information on the Site.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us at [email protected], and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
15. CAN-SPAM Act of 2003:
The CAN-SPAM Act is a U.S. law which establishes rules for commercial email messages, gives you the right to stop certain commercial emails from being sent to you, and outlines certain penalties for commercial entities or persons who violate the law.
We collect your email address and name so we can:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and send information and updates pertaining to course, product, or service orders.
- Send you additional information related to your course, product, and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to you after the original transaction has occurred.
- Email you a newsletter with free information and advertising certain Products, Services, and/or Courses we offer.
In accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act, we agree to the following:
- We will not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- We will identify the email message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- We will include our business mailing address and/or physical address in our emails.
- We will monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance. We use Kajabi to send our emails to you.
- We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- We will allow users to unsubscribe by using the appropriate link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at Scott Polhill at [email protected] or follow the instructions at the bottom of any email you receive from us, and we will promptly remove you from future correspondence(s). However, unsubscribing from one list or set of emails may not unsubscribe you from receiving ALL future emails from us. If you experience any problems unsubscribing, please email Scott Polhill at [email protected], and we will promptly handle your removal.
16. General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") Rights
If you are located within the European Union ("EU"), you are entitled to certain rights under the GDPR. You have the right to:
- Know how long we'll keep your information. We'll keep your personal information until the earlier of: (1) you either ask us to delete your information or (2) the Company decides it no longer needs the data and the cost of retaining it outweighs the value of keeping it.
- Access, rectify, or erase your personal information.
- Withdraw your consent to the Company's processing of your data, which shall have no effect on the lawfulness of the processing of your personal information prior to your withdrawal.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over GDPR issues.
- Provide only your personal information, which is reasonably required to enter into a contract with us. The Company will not ask for your consent to provide unnecessary personal information on the condition of entering into a contractual relationship with the Company.
18. Contacting Us:
Tao Te Kambo LLC
Mailing Address: 2081 261st Street, Lomita, CA 90717
Email: [email protected]